Friday, January 13, 2017

Next shift

Mom's leaving and friend's coming. I've tied up the "loose ends." I figured out how to get myself all the way up in bed even if I slip down a bit. Solution- I have a long ribbon wrapped around the bed and tied to a long stick so I can get myself into a sitting position. I've figured out how to keep my foot from falling between the footplates. Solution- I have a pillow on my both of my two footplates then a bungie cord to rap around the pillow and the footplates to secure it. The shower will be easier than the other 4 times. I will get it lowered so I won't have to transfer uphill. Going back into my wheelchair was always (psychologically) easier for me. Also my "boss" whose job I declined wrote me and I was able to give him connections he could use. I'm almost "back in the game" AND I found some new ones at Hershey, I'll speak there and work on the Rec Fest too.

No comments:

Post a Comment