Monday, January 30, 2017

Veteran Awareness

Another population that needs more exposure is veterans. People may think of them on Veterans Day and attend parades however, the transition to civilian life is rarely smooth; for many life is interrupted by nightmares of battle or physical conditions, or both. This is why there must be a concerted effort for an event that focuses on the issues. I have created an educational play in which people pose as veterans and family members address difficult topics. For example a spouse has a monolog on the hardship of paying bills with only 1 salary and dealing with anger issues from the kids, veterans talk about how hard it is to get a job with constant horrific memories of combat interrupting concentration on job duties. I am hoping the idea will be approved by Team River Runner and I can start working on this project. Just as my goal during my time in Hershey was to network. My goal during my time recovering is implementation of this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment