Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Some networking success

One thing while in Hershey rehab, went as planned, well it was never actually planned. My goal was to network with professional at Hershey to share my Infobility literature. Although I did learn of an event they were having called Rec Fest; an adaptive sports event. I connected TRR (the kayaking group)and IM ABLE Foundation with them. I just received confirmation from the event organizer that TRR will be a vendor. That will go a long way with my next plan which is to grow them financially through fundraising and increase membership through outreach. I need to concentrate on a big, already established group rather than start something like Infobility from scratch. If, in the process, someone is interested in joining me in disability education or if TRR would let me put something on their website that's great but it won't be my goal. I must do that by coming in from the back door because my past techniques have not worked so I will not waste any more time pretending to be a speaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment