Thursday, September 6, 2018

Filling a need

Until now I just wanted to market my manuscript; it's good, comprehensive, and unique. The problem isn't that isn't the problem and no employer is happy to sit down and be educated on the benefits of hiring people with disabilities. Since recruitment, retention, and return on investment are the bottom line issues they need to have solution. Employers do not see why they should be educated and they may be somewhat insulted. Suddenly I realized a more meaningful (and easier) way to get my wheel through the door. How can an employer worry about retaining an employee unless (s)he has an employee. Therefore, my job will be a broker and I will connect employers who I meet at expos with vocational counselors at Careerlinks! If I do enough of them a match will eventually be made. Then I can send these counselors my booklet and Team River Runner can make a few dollars on my efforts. The best parts are: 1)I can do almost everything through the internet; 2) I don't have to drive to worksites; 3)I don't have to convince employers to give me extra time in their days; 4)I don't have to be a great presenter; 5)it's saving their human resource people time and money; and 6) There is a real need for qualified applicants. I'm really looking forward to doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment