Monday, September 3, 2018

I want to attend but..

I am the first to say how so few people with disabilities are out in the community. I am not wrong but sometimes there are risks that need to be evaluated before making a final decision whether or not to participate. For example, I really want to attend a peaceful walk in Washington DC but I'm pretty sure there will be groups there inciting riots. I am soooo tempted and it would mean a lot to me to attend. Many of the others are trying to convince me and my presence as a person in a wheelchair would speak volumes on many levels. However, there would be absolutely no recourse if I was to get hurt. I rarely have this dilemma but I rarely have this kind of option because I was never before as political as I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment