Sunday, September 9, 2018

Falling isn't failing

Recently I was sent an e-card with the tree of life on it. I saw it as my climb the proverbial latter. Here's why: 1) In my life I spent an unusual amount of time trying to climb the tree. Every time I thought I was making my way up I was merely going across. 2) Having said that, each time I was "knocked down" I really wasn't. I just "grabbed another branch." I was never really knocked out. 3) Each time I was becoming a better faller on "the trapeze of life." One of my exercises in PT was to literally become better at falling. 4) Falling isn't failing and my practicing made me a stronger person both physically- falling on the ground & psychologically falling- on a lower branch. 5) Sometimes when I would fall I would catch another branch, other times I would catch a leaf, other times a flower that was about to bloom. 6) Lately I've been resting on the flowers. Falls don't hurt as much, my falls are getting better, I don't stay as long, they're less far from the ground. 7) Now when I look up, I can see the top of the tree. Surprisingly I see that there are a multitude of branches to grab, and each have pretty flowers too. 8) I ask myself these questions- Are the highest branches really better? What makes them better? They look just the same as the ones I've been on. 9) Since I have never been at the top now that I will have a chance I don't think I want to be there. If I want to be able to touch the sky I'll take a balloon ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment