Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Housing

I attended the preproposal on that topic. First of all there are two. Why separate it into a demonstration project and an advocacy project? I read most of the 19 topics and I don't understand the need for a separate grant. I think they should just award multiple projects, housing is in such dire need. Another issue is the logic to the criteria. I understand the mandate to involve consumers with intellectual disabilities in all of the processes. However, I can't imagine that a consumer is going to be actively involved with the closing of a house. Another issue I wonder about is the mandate to involve different disparate populations. Most CIL's do not work much with veterans or Hispanics unless they have disabilities. The third issue is the mandate that the awarded agencies must collaborate. Therefor, if a center from Erie gets the Housing Advocacy grant and a center from Bethlehem gets the grant for the Housing Demonstration grant on what do they have to collaborate?

No comments:

Post a Comment