Friday, October 14, 2016

Meetings

I goo to as many appropriate ones in or near Lancaster as possible. I just attended one about a new initiative to start dialogue on mental health issues. There I met an ex Col of the Air Force and I was able to interest her in a grant for veterans. It's great to be helpful and hopefully be able to connect with her on a professional level. The concept of Change direction is super easy and logical. The more people who talk openly of mental illness, the better off we'll all be. In most cases the real cure is simple- just bring it up. Both sides must not be afraid and it can save lives; suicide is a huge issue. I will alert people who I know that I'm sure will get involved. It will help me meet more good people and eventually I will spread the idea that people with physical disabilities need that kind of help.

No comments:

Post a Comment