Friday, October 7, 2016

Sharing funding

Today I contacted three different people who ran organizations that would fit four of the 19 grants. Each person was happy to hear from me and promised to inquire then start the application process. I am done finding funding for people. I really hope at least one of them get approved Each of them are good people and this will put me in a good light with each of them. "Veteran Supports" this man is in Altoona and is about the only living person, who my friend the Marine respects. I told him I wanted to start a Wounded Warrior but the organization didn't want that. He suggested we start something similar. Finally me friend may become motivated again. "Civic Engagement" this man is CEO of Bayada and he wants to bring the habilitation program to Lancaster. He promised to keep in touch before today; now I'm sure he will. This would be another outreach experience, I'd love it. "Meaningful Day" this man was concerned about the mandated change for the sheltered workshop to become more inclusive. I told him that I had ideas for making that happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment