Thursday, April 27, 2017

Disability mode

In the past ice breakers have not been implemented prior to the presentations. I offered to start with one- it will get everyone in disability mode AND it will eat up more time. I am having fun figuring out questions that get people thinking. I will assign a table a disability then give them a scenario that may pose some challenges. I ask the people the following two questions. 1) What may be some challenges that a person with a disability may run into? 2) What are some solutions that may be implemented? I'm not sure how many tables there will be so I will need many thought - provoking questions. Another type of questions are general such as the following: I am part of the employee resource group. We must be inclusive with our social activities. What are some areas we should consider? This will be a wonderful way to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment