Sunday, April 23, 2017

What's the big deal?

A member of my temple is having cataract surgery. I offered to bring food- I'll be out anyway. I called the lady just to check if anyone else was bringing Monday. She was shocked by my offer and just couldn't seem to get over it. I cannot for the life of me figure out the big deal. I like giving more than getting why should things be any different of me than anyone else? Mitzvah Day is the same thing. I offered to get involved with a project nut the man in charge never replied. The concept of helping goes against the grain of "disability." I guess I'm just supposed to be on the receiving end. It really gets to me that the stereotype is just so very strong and no matter how many times I disprove it I can't escape people's judgments.

No comments:

Post a Comment