Thursday, April 6, 2017

Outreach for veterans

I attended a job fair to meet companies who may donate to Team River Runner. A few were very real possibilities and one big one asked if we have sponsorship opportunities! Wow I was shocked but I guess the companies know how worthy a cause this is. Most everyone knows someone who was enlisted. Monday I meet with the Development Director at Hershey Rehab and hopefully it will lead to call to the chapter director and then a sponsorship. I must really work hard on my presentation skills since I am the first point contact but I think in this case less is more. I will say a few words about the benefits of non-traditional therapy for vets who have physical and emotional challenges. I'll go over the salesbook then a call be made to the director. ALSO we are going to implement a wonderful psycho-social program by and for veterans. This will be something that has never been successful because it is usually run by non veterans. There is a real lack of understanding and respect for the other side. This will be a great idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment