Saturday, April 22, 2017

Making it real

It was suggested that I start the breakfast speech with something funny, though I couldn't imagine anything appropriate to use to start off. Then I had lunch at a restaurant and at the table next to me was an adult child with a physical disability and a set of elderly parents. The father was getting up to the buffet and bringing a variety of foods back. The son had on a large bib while he carefully fed himself."I wonder what kind of work skills that man would had" I thought. "I wonder if it was ever considered." Not likely was my immediate thought." Observing his determination with his meal told me that the man was motivated and independent, 2 important traits human resource professionals seek. This is something I could bring up before the speech begins. This may hit home.

No comments:

Post a Comment