Thursday, April 13, 2017

Leadership group

The presenter offered information on stress but at one point she mentioned that she is a physical therapist assistant. My ears perked up for 2 reasons. First, I realize the physical residuals of neuropathy, a swollen hip, and continual urination are serious stressors. It's hard to concentrate on anything except my bladder which almost always feels full. It's hard to pull up my pants due to the swelling of my left buttock. I am dropping things constantly because my hands can't grasp things. Second, this may be my opening to share my disability booklet with medical professionals- something I'm always seeking. I'm just so glad that I joined this group. I was never happy with the rigid structure of the business groups and the speech(toastmaster's)group. This group is an interesting combination of business, social/networking and information. I finally found something right- it took long enough but it was worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment