Sunday, April 9, 2017

Generating interest

I have been making attempts to find companies in Lancaster County that will collaborate with Team River Runner. I have found a few and I am trying to meet with key people and interest them in helping and participating in activities that will be happening. We begin with small requests with small "permission" marketing and the plan is to build to sponsorships. I have my first meeting with a staff at Penn State Rehab Center. I have been reading speaking techniques but I don't need to read anything in order to keep it sincere. I hate exercising with a passion because it's boring and one doesn't see measurable progress. However, if I'm distracted while exercising whether it is through conversation or tv, I will exercise with no hesitation. This is why Team River Runner's paddling program is so successful. Veterans are getting physical and emotional therapy while paddling a kayak and convening with nature a very effective way of exercising; anyone can identify with that. Generating interest within by involving veterans in a psycho - social program and volunteering in the community may be a bigger challenge. This program is unique and wonderful for me and hopefully others.

No comments:

Post a Comment