Sunday, June 18, 2017

Random Q & A

In the interest of involving others with this blog I asked what would be interesting topics to cover. Here are a few: Q) How do men and women with disabilities handle day-to-day challenges differently? A) One can't make generalizations; however, as a woman I am determined and patient with myself to figure out solutions. The problems don't resolve themselves but with repetition they do get easier. Every time I relocate I must rework the shower transfer. In the beginning I always feel scared that I can fall so easily. After a few times I was always relieved to have figured out the challenge. Q) Do disabled people enjoy the company of other disabled people (in general) or are they more interested in socializing with not-disabled people? A)In general people with severe disabilities may spend more time with family and caregivers. These people are not disabled but may be there for reasons other than altruistic (job/obligation). They may be able to better identify with people with disabilities. People with disabilities who are fully integrated with jobs and relationships, are more likely to be with friends without disabilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment