Wednesday, June 28, 2017

The science of disability

I am going to have a table on Disability Awareness at the Science Factory. For the first few weeks I will display a poster offering tips for people regarding communicating with people with challenges and information on Braille and sign language. Eventually my exhibit will expand to include other types of disabilities and an ongoing video. For now it is a good venue in which to reach more people- both adults and kids. I will also be interested in hearing the stories offered by those who pass the table. Hopefully I will interest the guests to give input and ideas on the subject. I have an old video perfect for kids but it is a VHS and there is no opportunity to show that these days. My first plan was to have a few experiential activities, sitting in a wheelchair, walking with a blindfold. etc. However, it may become too chaotic with the sheer number of kids in the room at once. I appreciate the Science Factory's willingness to stretch their usual theme to include the topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment