Saturday, June 17, 2017

Veterans in Harrisburg

I visited Dauphin County armed with brochures and biz cards. The list I was given from the Center Director was HACC and a program in Lemoyne. I called the college and I can mail one from Lancaster HACC. Then I called the other center and immediately went there to learn more. I was glad I did and wish I lived in Harrisburg again. The have a food bank (boxes of food worth $90), a clothing bank, a café, many events and plans for a vocational skills program. Immediately I offered to assist with that. They were very interested in the paddling program and planned to drum up more interest. I was very excited because I want to get some paddling in this area. They are part of the territory (Susquehanna Valley) but most of the activity was happening in Lancaster- much too far. Now the brochure will be more accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment