Saturday, June 4, 2016

Wheeling with new wheels

I was approached by a local tv station manager and asked if I wanted to 2 segments on her local show on "disability and employment." I planned on having employers who hired disabled to speak about their experiences and what to say to other employers encouraging them to hire. No one would anyone to come. "Plan B" would be to get people in different establishments to talk of experiences with disabled customers and members. I got a pastor, a restaurant manager, and a vocational rehabilitation counselor. The lady called me a bit confused and asked me for photos. I did not have any but I sent her my slide show, an outline of my other projects, and the booklet on managing daily life when hurt later in life. She just wrote me back that she was impressed; I now have a wonderful, well connected community member supporting my venture. Infobility WILL be realized!

No comments:

Post a Comment