Sunday, June 5, 2016

Wheeling with new wheels

Last night I attended the Luke Bryan concert-in the rain. I love country music and I wish I could see everyone in person. It is a challenge to manage among thousands of people and I like to prove to myself that it can be done from a wheelchair. However, unless you're with a group of friends, the experience is almost as non - disabled as you can get. It's expensive so that limits most people. I remain off to the side on the track level or in the segregated disabled section. The place is filled with thousands of really rowdy people who stand in front of you and are usually drunk. When getting out of the parking lot, if you drive, you usually have to idle for a very long time because there are many vehicles and only one or two exit routes. It is exhilarating and there is nothing like being part of a live performance. As long as a person is not afraid of crowds, I recommend it once.

No comments:

Post a Comment