Thursday, June 9, 2016

Wheeling with new wheels

The tv segments on my disability awareness program went well; and I'm pretty sure it's already helping one of the speakers already. He had a lot of pent up anger about discriminatory treatment and he seems to be comfortable talking about it with me- sharing it was his own decision. I feel much more confident about my goal and I am connected with a really big vocational rehab agency- Goodwill. My next project is to plan a forum on employment and disability. I've done these things before but this will include some Pa state legislators or their aids. Inclusion will become an idea worth spreading. I'm glad I did not give up even though my parents and others strongly suggested that I should. I only wish this opportunity had come two decades ago. They say that there's a time for everything- it wasn't mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment