Monday, January 19, 2015

Workout and weight loss on wheels- an exercise equation

Lower calorie food choices + light home exercises = weight loss. It's simple- exercise decreases appetite and reduces the stress that can increase appetite. However, everyone still says that the #1 path to weight loss is walking. I say "It doesn't have to be." I use a chair for everything but sleeping and showering (then I use a shower bench). I can imagine that overweight people in chairs who read that just give up. Since I can't bear weight on my legs I can't stand on a scale. I have no idea if I lost weight and if so how much cause I don't know what it was when I started. I just know that when I started blogging I did NOT start exercising or eating right. Slowly, after a few entries I began choosing other foods, avoiding restaurant buffets, and not socializing downstairs after temple. Besides doing household chores (as I wrote in an earlier blog) here are two more ideas: 1) To strengthen abdominal muscles squeeze your buttocks. 2) To strengthen your neck stretch it toward your left & right shoulders. The key is seeking alternatives to reach the same goal- weight loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment