Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Workout and weight loss on wheels- spreading the message

Food awareness is something everyone should have. I strongly believe that if people were conscious of what, when, where, why and how much they were eating it would be a thinner world. So many people eat for reasons other than being hungry; this matter needs to be discussed and this message needs to be shared. I'm starting with this blog but I plan to talk with agency staff and perhaps churches and temples too. I am not a dietician nr am I a nutritionist. I want this to be more of a support group not a weight loss meeting. I am particularly concerned with reaching people with disabilities since most of those who are overweight, unfortunately there is a big need for emotional support since many eat due to emotional issues (depression). The same reason applies to the fitness aspect of this program because losing weight and exercise are both parts of the equation. People who use wheelchairs are limited in movement. I want to help change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment