Thursday, December 25, 2014

Workout on wheels- barriers/solutions

There's never a problem without a solution. Here's a few typical ones: No time- get up earlier* switch a household task with spouse. Embarrassed to exercise in public- most people will admire you* join a class and people will be in the same situation. Not reaching goals-don't overlook walking at home and work* document then compare what you've done and you'll see progress; Too busy at work- enlist co-worker to encourage you* walk at lunch time; Hungry during day- keep healthy snacks available* is it hunger or habit? Negative self-talk-you're doing the best you can* one re-laps is ok; You eat big dinners-put fork down between bites* chew slowly pause between bites* do nothing but eat* tell stories at the table; You're not motivated- find a partner* exercise while watching tv; Negative self-talk<"I'll never be able to lose weight." "I'll never eat another French fry." "I can't control my appetite." I'm a horrible person." "I'm doomed to be fat forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment