Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Homefields

What's really needed is housing for people with disabilities. Parents are going to "go" before kids so if the kids are sheltered and not given the tools necessary to manage or at least seek the appropriate services they need do a huge disservice. There are so many on the "waiting list" that you feel like there's never going to be enough housing. Supposedly, the state is putting money in this issue but there really is none available and it is extremely expensive and it's for a lifetime. Therefore I'm going to do my best to get Homefields Farm duplicated in other places. Where do I start? There are so many components to this unique program vocational, residential, business... all I can do is just dig in- I have to start somewhere. The director took a long time to talk with me and actually said I should find some parents who need housing for their adult kids and just work from there. This also helps me find a future family after mine if gone. This an area that is overlooked in a major way so I'll be needed in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment