Thursday, September 22, 2016

Patience

This is definitely not my strong suit, however; I am going to become a member of the Lancaster branch of SHRM. This is a human resources networking group. The target audience for diversity programs and employment. There is no need to reach out to all 67 businesses at yesterday's job fair. My card may not have survived anyway because there were 100's of job applicants there with their resumes. Also it was important to work harder on the planning the program I scheduled in the afternoon. It went well and I may do more for other police departments in Lancaster and be invited to speak briefly about my program at a Countywide meeting. Patience does pay off. I did not attend the Spinal Cord Injury Support group in Hershey but there's one next month. I did sign up for VISTA. That's a big volunteer program where I will meet prospective groups to speak with and in return help.

No comments:

Post a Comment