Thursday, September 29, 2016

Road Untaken

My favorite poem is "The Road Less Taken" by Robert Frost. It's my philosophy in life if you don't succeed one way take a step back and choose a different route. I spent decades thinking I needed to get the approval and support of agencies for my disability awareness programs. Not only did that not work but it did not work time and time again. I then decided to focus on connecting with businesses and groups with no relation to disability. I am having success. Whether it's the Society of Human Resource Management or The Mix, an afterschool activity for at-risk youth or even Representative Sturla's office, the results have been so much more positive than the typical route. Why? It's wrong that the answers lie with the community at large but I am eager to help these wonderful groups grow. Possibly it's because they aren't always fighting for funding.

No comments:

Post a Comment