Friday, September 23, 2016

Membership

It's my chance now. I have belonged to a local organization for years and never lead a warm-up activity or addressed Infobility at a meeting. They are seeking presenters to cover the subject of diversity/stigma/inclusion. This is my wheelhouse and I really hope the directors see this. I have presented to many different audiences (and I live it) but this one must have a different kind of program. I will discuss the work I do and offer factual information but it must be upbeat and positive. I will focus on solutions to some of the challenges people with challenges face. I'd look at the workplace and the community because they are the most important areas. Inclusion involves strengthening society to include all of its members because everyone has something to offer. If the speech is 1/2 of the program it will be quite easy to plan; people think of African Americans, refugees, and other populations before disability there needs to be more education. This would be a good venue since it's a popular meeting for the Lancaster community.

No comments:

Post a Comment